Doctor said that it isn’t alarming that Lewis has croup again so soon after his first bout.


I took ibuprofen, which banished my cold-related aches.


We ended up having a pretty good night last night. I think I got sufficient rest, despite being up twice with kiddo. He did go back down easily, and for that I’m grateful.

However, his croup has worsened. Including his breathing. Nothing to scare me too much, since I know what it is now. But I did decide to call the doctor this morning to see if I should be more concerned since this is the second time it has happened in a month. Waiting for a call back, and hoping that the frequency is nothing to worry about.

In other news, I got an email from a site I subscribe to telling me about the average 9 month + 2 week old baby’s development. This is the first time I got one that mentioned weaning my baby off the breast. It was mostly talking about what to do if your baby starts showing signs of being ready to stop breastfeeding, which at this point Lewis hasn’t done. But it did get me thinking…

I am so not ready to stop breastfeeding yet.

I can think of a million reasons why it would be nice to stop. But those reasons are all unimportant, because my soul tells me that I need to keep doing it. At this point it is hard to imagine ever stopping… but I know the day will come. Someday I’ll be ready. But that day is not today.

Lewis went to daycare yesterday and they didn’t send him home! His croup cough isn’t terrible. What a relief.

However, I have come down with my worst cold in ages. Sore throat, sinus pain, extremely runny nose, fatigue. I feel really yucky.

Lewis does not care. So here we are, up in the middle of the night. My sincerest wish in this moment is that I could have some cold medicine. But alas. No such luck. So my second sincerest wish is for Lewis to go back down easily so I can get back to resting. Cross fingers for me!

Well That’s New!