I’m considering changing my blog a little. Okay… maybe a lot?
People make money blogging. I’m not 100% clear on how, but they do it. Why couldn’t I do that?
If I do decide to go for it, I’m pretty sure I’d have a big up-front job to do, including:
- Going through all of my posts on here and removing some of the silly stuff (AKA make it private so I can go back and look at it for fun, but so it isn’t part of the public content).
- Categorizing and tagging all the remaining posts so they come up in more searches.
- Figuring out affiliate links and adding them to relevant existing posts.
- Figuring out how to otherwise monetize my blog.
- Coming up with a more streamlined, consistent message.
It feels like a crazy idea. Like I’m being totally ridiculous and full of myself to think that what I write could be worth something. But… people do it all the time. And I’m already writing, and I love doing it. So… if it doesn’t pay off, I’m still writing and loving it. The risk is pretty darn low.
I guess I’ll put together a game plan and see if it feels right.