I am smack dab in the middle of the craziest week of the year at our house – the boys’ birthday week. This year, it even has a little bonus Easter on top!
It’s a fun week, but it’s chaotic. Between 3 birthdays (5 parties total, 3 of which I planned/am planning) and Easter, we are also juggling 2 dentist appointments, 2 doctor appointments, 2 PT appointments, spending time with 4 out of town guests, the cleaning lady coming, and work + normal life.
It’s mayhem. I can hardly think past the next thing to see what’s coming next! But I am making it work!
Here is a little taste of how this working mom handled today:
- Up with Ellen twice at night + up for the day at 6am
- Showered, then got Lewis dressed and ready while I was also getting myself dressed
- Fed two kids + myself
- Kids to daycare
- Call to arrange catering for Saturday bday party during lunch
- Begin applying for life insurance during lunch
- Call and schedule more physical therapy appointments during lunch
- Get call from insurance company and apply for life insurance over the phone while I am working (serious multi tasking!)
- Stop at target for urgent purchases
- Pick up kids
- Cook for entire family while simultaneously loading the dishwasher
- Feed both kids and myself (at least Kyle is capable/willing to feed himself! Win!)
- Sort and start laundry
- Bathe infant
- More laundry
- Feed infant again and put infant to bed
- Empty dishwasher
- Get ready for bed and then get back up 5 mins later to comfort screaming infant
- More laundry on the way back to bed
- Next – sleep maybe?
And that’s real life for me. I have had to maximize every minute lately to get everything done. It’s a beautiful, fun-filled, special time. But I am looking forward to getting through this weekend. After that, at least, there won’t be any parties for a while, which leaves more time to handle all that other stuff that doesn’t go away!